Initial Consultation Animal Assisted Activities – Sessions for Schools and Settings
At the initial consultation for Animal Assisted Activities we will;
- Talk to you about the child or children you’d like to support. Find out about their likes and dislikes and where they’re at in terms of learning and development.
- Agree any outcomes you’d like to work towards and above all plan activities that will be as effective as they are fun.
- In addition talk about what the animals might bring to teaching and learning in your classroom.
- In conculsion to provide paperwork needed to risk assess the activities. Furthermore to establish parental consent for children to be involved.
Animal Assisted Activity Session
During the activity session we;
- Visit your setting along with the therapy animal or animals to deliver a tailor-made play and learning activities.
- In addition, talk to staff about how activities and strategies might be adopted across the setting. In other words to boost children’s speech, language and communication skills.
- Finally, support the home learning environment by providing resources to share with parents.
Your Staff Team
During the activity session, we will lead a variety of activities alongside a member of your staff team. In other words the content and organisation of the session will depend on your priorities. Moreover the needs of the children involved. Therapy Animals help to:
- increase motivation and engagement in learning
- support development of trust and relationship skills
- enhance mental health and well-being
- stimulate interaction and communication
In addition we deliver activities to individual children or to small groups of children. Furthermore, it’s up to you how you’d like to use the time but we will be more than happy to discuss the options and advise you where we can.