At the initial consultation we will;
- Talk to you about the child or children you’d like to support. Find out about their likes and dislikes and where they’re at in terms of learning and development.
- Agree any outcomes you’d like to work towards and plan activities that will be as effective as they are fun.
- Talk about what the animals might bring to teaching and learning in your classroom.
- Provide paperwork needed to risk assess the activities and establish parental consent for children to be involved.
During the activity session we can;
- Visit your setting along with the therapy animal or animals to deliver a tailor-made play and learning activities.
- Talk to staff about how activities and strategies might be adopted across the setting to boost children’s speech, language and communication skills.
- Support the home learning environment by providing resources to share with parents.